filter testing

In Fall 2015 we tested these filters for flow (amount of water one filter can produce) and the total amount of water that can filter through before clogging. Once clogged, some of the filters must be removed, backwashed and reinstalled. 

We tested the filters with our fish pond water. First we used a sand and gravel as a pre-filter, then the filters pictured. 

We used the following setup and recorded the flow rate and total amount of water purified (below left picture).  We began in September and tested until the end of November when we were forced to stop due to freezing temperatures. The membrane filter had the highest flow rate and the largest water capacity. We will instal these filters in the orphan homes in Cambodia.  

Pall mebrane filters